CineMathematics or CinemaThematics. Your choice

Monday, May 05, 2008

Nine Inch Sundae Monday

As I increase my confidence in the Chinese Remainder Theorem and Sallust's history of the Catiline Conspiracy, I figured I would take a short break. In case you didn't know, Nine Inch Nails is pulling a Radiohead. Their new album, which was announced two weeks ago, was released on their official website today. I figured this would be as good a time as any for me to actually discover some of their music. I know their main radio hits and have liked a number of them, so I'm looking into actually trying to listen to what Trent Reznor has to offer. What is most surprising to me is the fact that radio stations don't play "Closer" often, despite how big a hit it was. Rather, the three most often played songs are:

Head Like a Hole (talk about quick and annoying editing):



Down In It (slightly less headache inducing):



and The Perfect Drug (Reznor channels his inner Zappa):



to finish, here is the video for Nine Inch Nails' new single "Discipline". Proof that Trent Reznor has a sense of humor. Who'da thunk it?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home