CineMathematics or CinemaThematics. Your choice

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Stop It America, You're Pissing Me Off


I am not a big fan of Nirvana. It's a generational thing. This post has nothing do with Nirvana. I hope to talk about Nirvana at some point in the future. I just didn't want to look for a picture concerning what I'm talking about now.

I don't consider myself old or particularly out of touch with popular culture, but I don't know Miley Cyrus. I heard about a concert movie, and she presented a song from Enchanted at the Oscars. And apparently she's worth $1 BILLION. Why should I care? Why can't I go anywhere on the web without something about Miley Cyrus and Annie Liebowitz? I refuse to read it on principle because I know it's about a 15 year old girl who was photographed topless. There is no nudity, unless the censors suddenly don't like people's backs. I understand that people see this girl as the latest embodiment of innocence, but putting her on a pedestal and forcing the girl to apologize for something that even hints at sex is just stupid. Let's just remember another former alumna from the Disney factory: Britney Spears.

I don't want to talk about this anymore. Stop caring about this, America. It's not worth your time, and it's not worth the web space. This is really pissing me off. I need something to feel better.







That hits the spot.

2 Comments:

Blogger Xavier said...

i agree with you completely... i have never heard a nirvana song in my life, but think this is all just ridiculous.

1:09 PM

 
Blogger PIPER said...

Now you've pissed me off with that damn Blind Mellon video.

Not really.

I think you're just scratching the surface here.

On CNN the other day they were interviewing someone high ranking with Scientology.

And last night I had to tell me son that Mr. Tamborine Man was originally sung by Bob Dylan and not that dread-locked moron from American Idol.

Seriously, I'm all for not having to worry about the heavy stuff, but the crap that occupies our time is just that.

2:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home