CineMathematics or CinemaThematics. Your choice

Friday, April 11, 2008

Which Wajda?


I find myself in a bit of an awkward situation. My flight back to Boston is in sight (May 15), and I plan on spending my last week consuming an unreasonable amount of films in London's rep houses consuming films I doubt I'll be able to see back home (at least for a while). The BFI Southbank Cinema is spending the month of May focusing on Andrzej Wajda, of whom I have seen no films. In fact, the only reason I even know his name is because of the Criterion boxset. Though I plan on watching as much as possible, I do have a budget. BFI has a day when they are showing all three of the films in the boxset back-to-back-to-back. Should I spend my time and money on that, or should I go for more obscure titles from the retrospective? It seems unlikely that I will get a chance to see the more obscure titles for years, but should I give up the chance of seeing the three war films on the big screen knowing that I can relatively easily see them on DVD? I'm constantly told that films like these are meant for the cinema, but I can I give up what may be my only chance to see the more obscure films? I really don't know what to do. Please help.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home