CineMathematics or CinemaThematics. Your choice

Monday, April 14, 2008

Sundae Monday Goes Hardcore (Punk)

As I'm sure you all know, the political world exploded this weekend because Barack Obama started preparing for Passover in Pennsylvania (my mother always preferred horseradish sauce to the more traditional radishes for the bitter herbs). Normally I don't venture into the world of politics, and today is no exception, no matter how much I was tempted by this video of Obama talking about Hillary's gun past. He can't even keep a straight face. I was nearly on the floor. But this week revolves around my discovery of BlankTV, apparently a one-stop source for alternative music. This ranges from Iggy and the Stooges to Black Flag, Fugazi, Yo La Tengo, Wolfmother, and any number of other alternative of punk bands. If you're at all interested in alternative music, you should check it out. And now some videos!

Let's start with the Ramones:



The Kooks:



Rancid:



Street Dogs:



Gang Green:



and finally The Only Band That Mattered:



Keep in mind this is only a fraction of what I found that I know of. There is so much to explore that I could literally spend hours discovering new bands. As I said, if you like alternative music, then this is the place for you.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home