CineMathematics or CinemaThematics. Your choice

Monday, December 31, 2007

Sundae New Year's Eve

In 6 hours it will be 2008. I haven't seen nearly enough films to actually compile a Top 10, though I can tell you right now that the numbers 1 & 2 (I'm not sure of which is in which position) are Carlos Reygadas' Silent Light and John Turturro's Romance and Cigarettes. Reygadas may be the most spiritual filmmaker working today, and Turturro has an incredible eye for depth within his frame.

On this, the last Sundae Monday of 2007, I look both backward and forward. In honor of Time's Man of the Year, I present this:



And then my look ahead is at my most anticipated film of 2008:



I have watched this trailer dozens of times and it never fails to amaze and excite me. I especially love the prevalent duality that I'm sure will make the film at least worth watching. Happy 2008!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home