CineMathematics or CinemaThematics. Your choice

Sunday, December 16, 2007

It's a Wonderful Blog-A-Thon

Welcome, folks, to the It's a Wonderful Blog-A-Thon. There will be posts throughout the day on my various takes on the cinematic "classic" It's a Wonderful Life. I happen to think it's overrated, and I will spend my posts attempting do deconstruct various aspects that annoy me about the film, including a more feminist perspective on the world without George Bailey and a look at various inconsistencies which tug at the string that hold It's a Wonderful Life together. This post will be updated throughout the day with posts from all over the internet. If you wish to contribute, simply write a piece and let me know either by commenting on this post or by emailing me at Enjoy the reading.

Jacqueline over at Another Old Movie Blog writes about George and the housing crisis.

I examine Mary in the world without George.

M.A. Peel looks at how angry George can get.

Weepingsam at The Listening Ear gives a wonderful defense and analysis of the film.

Labels: , ,


Blogger Jacqueline T Lynch said...

Mine's up:

Thanks for the opportunity to participate.

7:49 AM

Blogger M.A.Peel said...

Mine's up too

4:28 PM

Blogger weepingsam said...

I almost forgot today was the 16th - I wouldn't miss this for the world. Here's the Link.

8:27 PM

Blogger Piper said...

My apologies for not participating in this. The recent ice storm had me cleaning up all weekend.

I need to read the posts and see if you're finally convinced it's a good movie.

8:53 AM


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home