CineMathematics or CinemaThematics. Your choice

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

8 Simple Facts


Sigh. I've been tagged. Twice. I don't even know what a meme is, but I guess I'll go for it. First the rules. Why? Because Rule #1 of this meme is you have to write the rules of the meme.

1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.

1) I am allergic to chocolate, or at least I was. I haven't eaten the stuff since a bad reaction when I was 3. This is where I get a bunch of comments from people saying how sorry they are and how horrible it must be. I personally don't miss it.

2) I have mentioned this before, but I felt it should be out there. I have Asperger's Syndrome. You can read about it here. This is a bit of a tender subject for be, so please be gentle.

3) I don't actually remember the first R-rated film I saw. I remember bragging about seeing On Deadly Ground to my friends in 4th grade, but I don't remember seeing it, which is probably a good thing. It was directed by and starred Steven Seagal.

4) I love to sing, but I'm usually too embarrassed to do it in public. I'm that guy who sings in his car when he's alone, knowing he may look ridiculous, but he's having a hell of a time.

5) I'm also that guy who yells at other people in his car. I find it an easy way to release my anger without it actually affecting anyone. And most of them deserve it anyway.

6) I ran for Senior Class Vice President of my high school on the platform of world domination. The picture at the top of this post is, in fact, me towering over a globe menacingly. But that's not the weirdest part. I won. So now any time I run into someone from my high school, they ask me how I'm doing on my world domination.

7) I have never eaten a McDonald's Hamburger. There is no fact I am more proud of in my life.

8) I give blood. Often. I try for about every 3 months, but they often do things in the middle of a weekday, when I cannot do it. Stupid Red Cross.
And now 8 people. 8 people who haven't done it yet? Ok...

Ry at Vinyl Is Heavy
Rob at The Projection Booth
Peet at Lost in Negative Space
Todd at South Dakota Dark

I can't really find anyone else I read who hasn't done this, so I'll quit here.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Damian Arlyn said...

Interesting stuff, Dan. If you'll allow me, I also feel a little sorry for you that you haven't eaten chocolate since you were 3 because I happen to be a "choco-holic" myself. On second thought, maybe you should be feeling sorry for me. :)

However, you do have my sincere and heartfelt sympathies regarding AS. I am familiar with it because (although I haven't been "officially" diagnosed with it) in all likelhood I have it as well, so I understand what sort of things you have to deal with personally. Take heart, though, that you're in good company (and no, I'm not talking about me, but rather my hero Steven Spielberg; he has it too).

7:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home