CineMathematics or CinemaThematics. Your choice

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

A Few Things Before I Go

I'm done for good, just for the year. Tomorrow I go to Mexico, but when I get back I will find some movies to see. A triple feature of Letters from Iwo Jima, Pan's Labyrinth, and Children of Men should give me plenty to write about. I haven't had much time lately to see movies.

I've seen one film in the past two weeks, and that was Notes on a Scandal (I want these Motherfucking Notes off my Motherfucking Scandal!). Well, I managed to squeeze in the three Wallace & Gromit shorts, but finals, family, holidays, a bris (this was one Christmas I won't soon forget) and a new girlfriend have been occupying my time. So, before I go, I'll leave you with a few things.

This being the time of lists, it's a good time for me to discover Lists of Bests. This is a great way for me to keep up on my progress with the IMDb Top 250, They Shoot Pictures' Top 1000, and general directors' list. I highly recommend it for all you who know you need there are a bunch you still need to see.

I haven't made my own Top of 2006 list yet. I still want to see Duck Season, Nightwatch, et al. All I can say is that you can expect one half of one-two punchs from at least two directors, and maybe a debut or two.

I want to wish you all a happy holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, Happy Kwanzaa, whatever is your thing, I hope you enjoyed it. I hope to see you in 2007, and I want to thank each and every one of you who actually reads this blog. You make it all worthwhile. And now I leave you with this. This is a little preview for me, and a reminder of warmer places for those of you trapped in snow. Hey, at least it's not Margaritaville.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home