CineMathematics or CinemaThematics. Your choice

Monday, May 07, 2007

Sundae Monday - Great Cinematic Speeches - Patton

It's been a while since either Damian or I have done one of these, so I thought I'd throw on a good one to make up for the lack of time. This one is almost self explanatory. George C. Scott does the George C. Scott thing, which is to say he's remarkably charismatic while never relinquishing even a hint of his brusque demeanor. And unlike other speeches, this one isn't hidden in the editing. We are put in the position of the troops as Patton riles us up for battle. It gets us excited for the rest of the film, and it introduces us to the central focus of the film. What more could you want from a speech?


Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Damian Arlyn said...

Good choice, Dan. I was just thinking yesterday that I haven't done a great cinematic speeches post in a while. Believe it or not, I haven't actually seen the movie Patton yet (I know, I know) but I have seen this speech.

10:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home